Last modified: January 15, 2020
GigaPoints, Inc. (“GigaPoints,” “we,” “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy in providing our services through the website www.GigaPoints.com (the “Website”).
This policy (“Policy”) describes the types of information that we may collect from you, or that you may provide when you visit or interact with the Website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information that we collect:
- In connection with your access and use of the Website.
- In email, text and other electronic messages sent through or in connection with the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or app operated by us or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through such third-party’s authentication procedures, or through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it, including after you are no longer our customer. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to visit, access, register for an account or use the Website. By visiting, accessing, registering for an account or using the Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name and e-mail address (“personal information”);
- That constitutes personal information regarding your finances and financial history, such as your credit card transaction history, credit limit and current balances; and
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP address, geographic location and other information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and general usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Indirectly from you when a third-party is authorized to provide it to us on your behalf.
Information You Provide to Us (Directly or Indirectly)
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Financial information that you have authorized us to receive on your behalf when you connect to your financial institutions during the registration process.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or through the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for an account or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your devices, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to or use of the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We may use aggregated, de-identified information about or received from our registered users without restriction.
We may also use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- For our everyday business purposes, such as to present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other ways we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, de-identified information about or received from our registered users without restriction.
We may also disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our personnel, contractors, service providers, business partners and affiliates to support the Website and our business, including for marketing and promotional purposes.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of GigaPoints’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GigaPoints about the Website’s users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service, including any agreement between you and GigaPoints and our acceptable use policies.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of GigaPoints, our users or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Marketing or Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your personal information used to market or promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
European Union Visitors
The Website, our services and our data are hosted in the United States and are intended for use only by residents of the United States. Visitors in or from other countries, specifically the European Union, will not be permitted to register for an account.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page, with a notice that the Policy has been updated upon login to the Website, or on the Website home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting the Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at: email@example.com.